Monday, April 16, 2007

Gigathlon Campus – Bulle

Organised by Swiss Olympic, the event took place on 14th April. I went to the courses related to the in-line skating (theory, material and practise). It was an amazing hot day (around 25° c !) and it had already a little taste of "Gigathlon"! Everybody was really cool and relaxed and, contrary to what was previously foreseen, all courses were in French (instead of Swiss-German).

Courses were great, although I couldn't learn the "double-push" technical. I think I will have to work on my own to discover how it works... And practise, practise, practise again…

We skated the stiffer and most technical section : good for the race ! That was great as well to skate with other people, after two intensive days of training: it was almost the same conditions I should experience for the last day of the race.

At the end of the event, I could also try a "four-hundred" speed (understand : 4 wheels, 100 mm diameters), but not really decided : it was not my size of shoes, and I was a little bit tired at the end of the day…). I will try them another time, when I will be 200%, just to see if I definitely leave my four-ninety fitness!

I was also surprised to meet people that had registered for the 7-day event (or sometimes 3-day event), without having put the skate on more than two or three times… They are really brave, or probably unconscious... Also, a lot of skaters were there because of a "default choice". Happily, it has never been the case for me. If I had to run or to cycle, then it would have been a "default choice", or a second choice. I'm really glad to practice the sport I love the most !

Finally, the event finished with a pasta-party with a really indecent amount of pasta… Yeah, I know, but as well, muscles need to be fed ! ;-)

See you soon !!

No comments: