Sunday, May 27, 2007

The "Cyclotour du Léman (Lake of Geneva)"

What an adventure ! At 4h45 am, wake up. Pasta, then drive to Lausanne. At 6h30 am, start of the competition. This is not really a race, but every competitors try to make the 180 km as fast as possible. The weather was ugly (it rained only one time: all the stage....), so it was quite dangerous. I was able to follow the first goup during all the round trip. At the beginning, we were 40 and only 6 in the 5 last kilometers. Finally, I made the 14th time (on more than 500 competitors) of the day and beat my record (average speed 38.5 km/h). But the most important thing for me is the fact that I had no physical problem: no cramps, the legs were perfect and the heart was not sollicited too much (average pulse of 139 beats/min).
All in all: a great day !!!

No comments: